The mind doodles of Golgotha_tramp

Thursday, March 09, 2006

The simple pleasures

I have found in the last week due to my hectic double life that some of the simplest things I do have become more poignant and cherished to me. I wondered if any one else enjoys simple pleasure, if so what are they.

a few of mine are

Reading a book in a coffee shop (spent an hour last night in Cafe Nero with "written on the body", a cafe latte and a pack of Malboros.)

Listening to my favourite CDs while on the bus ( the stipulations being it must be a window seat and a long journey.)

Listening to Radio 2 underwater in the bath.

Waking up before the alarm and watching the day creep into your room.

Staying up all night talking about everything and nothing.

Sitting in your room at 4am when the whole worlds asleep thinking.

Just listening to an album and doing nothing (how many times do you put on music and cook, or clean, or draw? I love just listening to my music alone, on my bed, in my brick womb)

Just a though...

3 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger frankengirl said...

It's delightful to do things just for the sake of the "doing" part, not the "done" part. Like taking a walk without a destination. But it's been a while since I've "floated freely." Maybe your post will set me wandering again... - :)

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger UltimateWriter said...

Music really is a medicine which you should take every day.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger frankengirl said...

Have I told you lately what a great tramp, er, mind-doodle you are?!!! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home