The mind doodles of Golgotha_tramp

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The call centre.

'Can I help you?' in tones so dull
You'd almost think they're dead'
What's the reference number please,
Or use your name instead'

The mantra of the operative
who boast a huge degree
who didn't want an office job,
to conform like you and me

See them sneer at suits and ties
in Baggy jeans and belt
in mini skirts and stiletto heels
both thin and not-so svelte

What's with the animosity?
why be stubborn as a mule
why not agree to fix my screen
instead my rage you fuel

'Just do your job!' I yell at them
and still they do not budge.
I worked a there too, a year ago,
so why d'you hold a grudge?

I know the pay is really low
and the boredom is a killer
but the job has little skill
and is really just a filler

I just spent half an hour on the phone to the IT call centre in my office and it inspired me to write about my frustration. Why is it that there's always some surly person in a call centre that just wants to be difficult? then when you say that you want to raise a complaint they get all "oh no, there's no need for that. I can sort this out now for you." Why should I have to get arsey to get results?

5 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger frankengirl said...

lol! What a wonderful way to free your frustration!

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger UltimateWriter said...

Well done...at least you got to talk to a human, well that's up for debate i guess...but you avoided the dreaded recording.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Golgotha_Tramp said...

Yeah, I suppose I'm lucky. They just frustrate me so much, I had to go for a walk at lunch to calm down. The annoyance has subsided to a small niggle now but I'm treating that with Hob Nobs.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger MikeChau said...

My wife works in a IT call center...there are ppl who are like that...I called one day and a guy answered...

"Helpdesk.......(5second pause)T...G...I...F..."

I just hung up on him.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger ash said...

Good poem - I guess call centre frustration is inspiring!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home